Trouble with X Windows...

...I just converted over (well, initialized my disk and started from
scratch) from RedHat 6.0 to Debian 2.1 (Slink).  I cannot get XWindows to
run correctly.  I have a Matrox G200 AGP card... is this NOT the equivalent
to the Millennium II AGP driver/card listed in the XF86Setup program?  If
not, what to do?  I am considering upgrading to Potato, but I do not even
know how to do that (with apt)...  Can someone help me out?  I'd like to get
up and running with Debian.

Thank you.

Mike