Re: Emacs and ~/.Xdefaults

Christian Lynbech on satellite <chl@tbit.dk> writes:

> I am no expert on X11 ressources, but here is a few ideas. Beware that
> this is based on a mental image I have built for myself which may have
> anywhere between 0 and 100 % resemblance to reality.
>
> First note that X11 distinguishes between an applications *class* and
> its *name*.
>
> So you could try writing
>
> 	Emacs.background: Black
>
> To set a default for all applications in the Emacs class.

I substituted Emacs for emacs in my .Xresources, and it worked
perfectly.  Keeping in mind what you had said above, I then tried
emacs20, which also worked.  I'm going to file a bug on this.

Thanks for the help!

--
Big Gaute (not to be confused with LG)
"There was a time when a guy who died at forty was revered as the toughest