Re: Emacs and ~/.Xdefaults

Ethan Benson <erbenson@alaska.net> writes:

> On 22/1/2000 Big Gaute wrote:
>
> >to my ~/.xsession.  However this only has an effect if I start emacs
> >from the xterm started in my .xsession; if I launch emacs from the
> >fvwm2 menus it does not work.
> >
> >What should I do?
>
> mv ~/.Xdefaults ~/.Xresources

Thanks!

> coming from Redhat?

No, just reading the manual:

   Programs running under the X Window System organize their user
options under a hierarchy of classes and resources.  You can specify
default values for these options in your X resources file, usually named
`~/.Xdefaults'.

It only specifies 'usually' here, but it's still a bit confusing.
Should I file a (wishlist) bug report, do you think?

--
Big Gaute (not to be confused with LG)
"There was a time when a guy who died at forty was revered as the toughest