> Some what recently, Big Gaute <gs234@cam.ac.uk>
> 	wrote about Re: Emacs and ~/.Xdefaults
>
> >:) Big Gaute <gs234@cam.ac.uk> writes:
> >:)
> >:) > Ethan Benson <erbenson@alaska.net> writes:
> >:) >
> >:) > > On 22/1/2000 Big Gaute wrote:
> >:) > >
> >:) > > >to my ~/.xsession.  However this only has an effect if I start emacs
> >:) > > >from the xterm started in my .xsession; if I launch emacs from the
> >:) > > >fvwm2 menus it does not work.
> >:) > > >
> >:) > > >What should I do?
> >:) > >
> >:) > > mv ~/.Xdefaults ~/.Xresources
> >:) >
> >:) > Thanks!
> >:)
> >:) Yowza.  It doesn't work.  No effect.  Is there anything else I might
> >:) have forgotten?
> check your /etc/X11/Xsession

Hm.  /etc/X11/Xsession does not appear to have been changed from the
default.  There does appear to be a xrdb -merge ~/.Xresources in
there.

My ~./Xresources:

emacs.background: Black
emacs.foreground: LimeGreen

My ~/.xsession:

#!/bin/sh

mesg n

#xearth -pos random -night 30 &

xsetroot -solid grey

xterm -title "Debian GNU/Linux" -ls -geometry 80x40+70+135 &

exec fvwm

Did I miss something?

--
Big Gaute (not to be confused with LG)
"There was a time when a guy who died at forty was revered as the toughest