Re: New drive ready to partition. Just what some recommendations and suggestions.

Sometimes I don't understand the stratagies used in disk partitioning.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I always thought that you split
the partitions by long term usage:

         1- 2 GB  /
         1- 2 GB  /var
         1- 4 GB  /var/spool
         rest on  /home

         Then I link /tmp to /var/tmp

         WHY: The chance that / is being filled by a user
         is small this way. Email and printing activities
         are split from other partitions. Logging, tmp and
         such are split from other partitions. And last but
         not least home directories are split from other
         partitions.

Ideas and critical remarks are welcome...

Groetjes,

Onno