Re: hwclock --adjust in slink

I did not fully understand you. Does or doesn't the BIOS get the right time
after the system is shutdown?

In any case, there are hw K scripts:
[18:17:27 /tmp]$  ls /etc/rc?.d/*hw*
/etc/rc0.d/K25hwclock.sh  /etc/rc6.d/K25hwclock.sh  /etc/rcS.d/S50hwclock.sh
[18:22:27 /tmp]$

Note that your system somehow got S instead of K for rc0 and rc6.

I am running unstable.

[18:27:00 /tmp]$ dpkg -l util-linux
Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge
ii  util-linux     2.10d-5        Miscellaneous system utilities.
[18:27:31 /tmp]$ cat /etc/is
isapnp.conf   isapnp.gone   issue         issue.mgetty  issue.net
[18:27:31 /tmp]$ cat /etc/issue
Debian GNU/\s potato \n \l

[18:27:45 /tmp]$