Re: scsi tape device

Ryan:

I have a similar system.  If in /dev/, you have no 'st?' devices, try
making them with 'mknod /dev/st0 c 9 0' <=> 'mknod /dev/st7  c 9 7'.
Check the man page for correct options...

They should have root:tape ownership and be owner:group RW.  Put any
users that need acces in group 'tape'

Dean Provins
Calgary