Leafnode - basic question

I'm trying out leafnode. It produces a huge database in /var/spool/news
containing all the news groups on the server I connect to (about
25,500). I succeeded in getting it to connect to selected groups and
threads; so far, so good.

But how do you get a news reader (slrn, tin) to read just those you have
chosen to get news from? With "slrn -h localhost" I am confronted with
the whole 25,500, and I don't know how to get tin to read the list at
all.

Also: if you change your mind about a group, how do you tell leafnode to
stop accessing it? It seems to have a mind of its own.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - running Linux Debian 2.1 (Windows-free zone)
Book Reviews: http://www.pentelikon.freeserve.co.uk/bookreviews/

"It's no go the Yogi Man, it's no go Blavatsky"  - Louis MacNeice