Re: portmap question

On 01/13/00 04:12AM, Jim B wrote:
> slink right?

sorry, potato.

> I commented out the lines that start it in /etc/init.d/netbase.  I think
> that's as close as you're going to get as a "best way" to do it, because
> it unfortunately is crammed in there with the rest of the stuff.

This will probably work for the portmap script too. That seems so
adhoc though.

> > Also, why is portmap included in the netbase package anyway?
>
> I'm not sure.  There was probably a reason for it I guess.  It's been
> split up in potato, it now has its own script which makes it cleaner to
> deal with.

It seems to be still in the netbase package. I can't find a separate
portmap package. Hmmm. Maybe I misunderstood you. Yeah, there are
different scripts that separate the networking stuff, but the
portmap binary still comes packaged in the netbase deb.

I'll take a look at the portmap script. I thought that the links in
the rc*.d directories ran the scripts in /etc/init.d at different
run-levels and that renaming one would stop that script from
executing. Right? Wrong?

thanks
 ) Mark Wagnon      ) mwagnon1@home.com      )
(  Chula Vista, CA (  wagnon@rohan.sdsu.edu (