Re: portmap question

On Wed, 12 Jan 2000, Mark Wagnon wrote:

> I read a few solutions to this problem in the archives, and they
> range from renaming the portmap binary to editing the script in
> /etc/init.d. I didn't want to resort to these little hacks. Is there
> a way to keep it from starting in the first place?

slink right?

I commented out the lines that start it in /etc/init.d/netbase.  I think
that's as close as you're going to get as a "best way" to do it, because
it unfortunately is crammed in there with the rest of the stuff.

> Also, why is portmap included in the netbase package anyway?

I'm not sure.  There was probably a reason for it I guess.  It's been
split up in potato, it now has its own script which makes it cleaner to
deal with.