Re: inittab: More than 2 special key combinations?

On Jan 12, 2000 at 06:15:05PM, David Wright wrote:
> Quoting Matthew W. Roberts (matt@lehi.tamu.edu):
> > Perhaps it will help if I get specific.  Ctrl-Alt-Delete is set to
> > reboot the computer (as usual).  Then I mapped the Alt-UpArrow to play
> > a CD in my CD-ROM drive so I can play a CD without logging in.  I would
> > like to have Alt-DownArrow skip to the next track, but can't figure out
> > how to do it.
>
> A workaround might be to make your Alt-uparrow script more sophisticated.
> e.g. in terms of, say, cdplay, it could look at the output of cdir and
> find PLAYING, then cdplay <n+1> where n is the track being played, or 0,
> or cdstop if n is the last track. That means you only need the one
> keystroke.

Actually, I had already done something similar.  If the CD is playing then
my script stops it, if it is stopped the script plays it.

Of course, the eject button on the CD-ROM is a pretty effective stop button
:-) so I think I will change it as you suggest.

Thanks,

--
Matthew Roberts
Structural Engineering                          matt@frugal.org

In my house there's this light switch that doesn't do anything.
Every so often I would flick it on and off just to check.
Yesterday, I got a call from a woman in Germany.
She said, "Cut it out."
   -- Steven Wright