Re: inittab: More than 2 special key combinations?

Quoting Matthew W. Roberts (matt@lehi.tamu.edu):
> > > Is it possible to set up additional special keyboard requests in
> > > inittab?  I've already assigned ctrl-alt-delete and alt-uparrow and
> > > want another...
> Perhaps it will help if I get specific.  Ctrl-Alt-Delete is set to
> reboot the computer (as usual).  Then I mapped the Alt-UpArrow to play
> a CD in my CD-ROM drive so I can play a CD without logging in.  I would
> like to have Alt-DownArrow skip to the next track, but can't figure out
> how to do it.

A workaround might be to make your Alt-uparrow script more sophisticated.
e.g. in terms of, say, cdplay, it could look at the output of cdir and
find PLAYING, then cdplay <n+1> where n is the track being played, or 0,
or cdstop if n is the last track. That means you only need the one
keystroke.

Cheers,