Re: mouse refuses to configure!

Quoting Joshua N Pritikin (joshua.pritikin@db.com):

> This seems crazy because I can't believe that mice are hard to
> auto-detect.  Windows has handled mice with no configuration for
> decades.  Is there a better way to configure XFree86?

Just for the record, not my experience. The mouse on my Gateway G6-350
fails to be detected about 20% times the machine is booted into WNT4W
(a service has failed to start...).

My Gateway Solo 2500 is meant to detect a serial mouse and use
it as an alternative to the trackpad. It doesn't.
Linux will happily use both the trackpad and a serial mouse.

I much prefer manual configuration.

Cheers,