Re: [Off Topic] Celeron 366 or 400 MHz, 64+ MB RAM?

matt garman <garman@uiuc.edu> wrote:

> You certainly can use a Celeron with 64 MB or more physical memory.
> The
> Celeron and Pentium II are the same chip, except for the L2 cache size
> (the Pentium II has a 512kb L2 cache and the Celeron a 128kb L2
> cache).

One other difference is that the Pentium II/III can run at 100MHz - the
500MHz Pentium II, for example, runs at 5x100MHz, whereas the Celeron
has to run at a clock speed of 66MHz (you can set a 100Mz speed in the
BIOS, but I have found the machine won't book!).

--
Phillip Deackes
Debian Linux