Re: Install help, ne module does not reload on reboot (potato)
- To: Debian User List <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Install help, ne module does not reload on reboot (potato)
- From: John Pearson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 09:30:47 +1030
- Message-id: <20000110093047.B20574@huiac.localnet>
- Mail-followup-to: Debian User List <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <INjg5D.A.cX.AkMe4@murphy>; from firstname.lastname@example.org on Sun, Jan 09, 2000 at 12:39:48PM -0500
- References: <INjg5D.A.cX.AkMe4@murphy>
On Sun, Jan 09, 2000 at 12:39:48PM -0500, Stan Brown wrote
> I am trying to install the latest potato
> I have an ISA NE2000 clone. it worked fine when i booted from the
> rescue disc. Ieben installed the base system over NFS. It's IO is at
> 0x280, and it's IRQ is 5.
> Howeer this module fails to install when booting from the hard disk :-(
> I even find the following in /etc/modutils/modconf:
> options ne io=0x0280 irq=5
> Trying to do in insmod ne results in messages about unresolved symbols.
> They are:
> ei_open, ethdev_init, ei_interupt, NS8390_init, and ei_close.
> Can some kind soul please tell me how to fix this, so I can proced with
> the install?
The "ne" module requires the "8390" module; if you use modprobe
instead of insmod, it should load this automatically.
# insmod 8390 ; insmod ne
Best of all would be to ensure that the file /etc/modules
contains a line with just
which should ensure that the module is automatically loaded at
boot (come to think of it, if you loaded it during the install
it should already be there; arfe you sure it isn't already loaded?
to see a list of currently loaded modules).
"Oh - I - you know - my job is to fear everything." - Bill Gates in Denmark