Re: Sound in Debian

Jeff Flowers wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I have been using Debian on and off for some time. However, I have not
> yet seen how to add sound to a Debian system. Is there a package for
> Debian that supports sound? If it matters, I have an ESS 1371.

What kernel are you using?  If potato with one of the recent 2.2 kernels, you should
be able to install the es1371 module using modconf.  Then add your users who will use
audio to group `audio'.

A lot of programs use sound in Debian.  One common foundation for them is
audiofile/esd, which is used by Enlightenment and all of GNOME.  But if you're still
using Slink, this is somewhat irrelevant.

Zeen,

-Adam P.