Re: Cannot mount cdrom

photius@excite.com wrote:

> Hi All. Can anyone help with this? I get the message
> /devhdc already mounted or /cdrom busy
> when I try to mount the cdrom. Tried top, fuser and ps l to try and find out
> the pid to kill whatever process is using cdrom but nothing.
> Is the only way to reboot or is there another way?
> Any and all help appreciated.

To list the process ID's for all users accessing /dev/hdc :

lsof /dev/hdc

If you simply want to terminate them "right-off" :

lsof -t /dev/hdc | kill -9

Cheers,

--

Howard Mann                   Online Troubleshooting Resources: HOWTO
http://www.newbielinux.com    http://www.xmission.com/~howardm/t1.html