Re: Sound in Debian

you'll need to recompile your kernel and enable sound support. Read the
kernel HOWTO document and the Sound HOWTO (should be in /usr/doc/HOWTO by
default i believe). then u'll want to go get some sound software. they'll
be in the sound section of your debian installation disk
(this will probably be /cdrom/dists/slink/main/binary-i386/sound depending
on what directory u mount ur cdrom to.)