Re: make-kpkg and /vmlinuz

>>>>> "mg" == matt garman <garman@uiuc.edu> writes:
    mg>  I was getting a bit of a headache trying to get my new kernel
    mg> to work, until I realized the following: I had "image=/vmlinuz"
    mg> on one line of my /etc/lilo.conf, but /vmlinuz is a symlink into
    mg> /boot, which hadn't been updated to point to the new kernel.
    mg>
    mg> I thought when I built a kernel with make-kpkg and installed the
    mg> resulting .deb with dpkg, that either /etc/lilo.conf was updated
    mg> to see the new kernel, or the /vmlinuz symlink was updated.  Or
    mg> am I mistaken?
    mg>
    mg> Thanks, MG

I noticed this too. This is a bug in the potato version of make-kpkg and
I believe it is already in the Debian BTS (haven't checked
though). Should be fixed soon ...

PS : Did you get your Frame Buffer problem solved ?

--
Salman Ahmed
ssahmed AT pathcom DOT com