Re: PPP and cdparanoia

On Wed, 05 Jan 2000 21:50:20 GMT, Alisdair McDiarmid writes:
>Could someone test this on their machine for me and see if it occurs?

I'm on a P166 w/ 32 MB RAM and the situations the same, personally I think that the problem is with the ATAPI-CDROM, which heavily puts forth io-load (not cpu-utilization, this could be fixed via the priority), behaving like a interrupt-generator when ripping, of course PPP via a asyncronous serial link relies on many, many interrupts, too, one per asynchronous packet, I believe...

&rw
--
-- +++ EUnet/KPNQwest@Exponet, 15.-17.2.'2k, Ebene02/Stand08 +++
----- ___                       - Robert Waldner    EUnet/AT tech staff