Staroffice and gtop

I was checking gtop today to see how much memory was going to various
things, and staroffice was reported as using 500+ megs.  Now, I did just
upgrade to 512mb of ram, but I have like 200megs of other things in
memory, so this didn't make much sense.   Also, LCDProc (A program to
display system info to a LCD) reports 300 and some megs free.  So, whats
going on here?  I find it hard to believe that staroffice uses that much
memory.  Anyone else see this behaviour?

-Aaron Solochek
 leko@cmu.edu