Problem with Boot Floppy and libncurses

I am trying to make my own boot floppy using the 2.2.13 kernel. The kernel and
the root image load fine. /etc/inittab will then load bash onto the first
console.

When bash tries to run I get a shared library error:

bash: error in loading shared library
libncurses.so.4: cannot open share object file: No such file or directory

Now I have made sure that I have all the appropriate shared libraries for all
the binaries I will be using on the root image, but what is ncurses complaing
about?

Thanx in Advance,

--
Paul Miller