a simple question regarding directories

I just recently downloaded the netscape browser and I am confused which directory should I untar it to? right now it is in the directory /tmp but when I try to use the help contents in the browser, it tells me thatnetscape cannot find the file help.hpf that should be in the /usr/local/lib/netscape/nethelp/netscape/home/help.hpf directory except that my netscape directory is not in /usr/local/lib but instead its in /usr/lib/netscape directory? this is the default directory in which apt installed the debian netscape package..I'm confused as to what should I do next to correct this? can somebody help shed some light on the matter?

Thank you and have a nice day!