Re: a simple question regarding directories

there are 2 common ways to install netscape in debian

1) download your favorite version of netscape4 into /tmp
2) run 'apt-get install netscape4'

or

download your favorite version of netscape4 wherever you want(suggest /tmp
too) untar it, and cd to the directory it untars to, and run the
ns-install script (./ns-install)

be aware that the debian installation of netscape will not allow you to
run netscape as "root" without modifying the script (for security reasons)

if you still like netscape3 for whatever reason you can download that to
/tmp and run apt-get install netscape3

if apt-get fails for some reason(can't find the file) try running apt-get
update then apt-get install netscape3 (or netscape4) if it still fails
then mail the list again and include the message(s) you got when it
failed(it should work fine ive never had a problem)

nate