Re: SCSI CD, reported by kernel, isn't there.

I have three kernels in my lilo configuration.  The original debian
2.2.13 kernel seems to deal with this ok.  The other two kernels are
2.2.13 and 2.3.35, both without sound devices, but with sound turned
on, so I can install the creative sound blaster live module.    The
two kernels I compiled both give this strange behavior.

I tried all kinds of devices, even /dev/sg0, etc.

Here's the /proc/scsi/scsi information:

bash-2.03$ cat /proc/scsi/scsi
Attached devices:
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 04 Lun: 00
  Vendor: TOSHIBA  Model: CD-ROM XM-6401TA Rev: 1009
  Type:   CD-ROM                           ANSI SCSI revision: 02
bash-2.03$

Alan

--
adavis@netpci.com

"An inviscid theory of flow renders the screw useless, but the need
for one non-existent."    ---Lord Raleigh (John William Strutt),
                          or else his son, who was also a scientist.