Kermit works in DOS with exact same settings but not Debian.

I need to connect to an HP49G calculator.
From: cbarry@2xtreme.net (Christopher R. Barry)
Date: 02 Jan 2000 11:08:15 -0800

I think I need help from a serial port guru.

I am using ckermit to transfer files between my PC and a HP49G
calculator. Under MSDOS, everything works fine. Here are my DOS kermit
settings:

  SET MODEM TYPE DIRECT
  SET PORT COM1
  SET SPEED 9600
  SET CARRIER-WATCH OFF
  SET FLOW NONE
  SET PARITY NONE
  SET BLOCK 3

I can then just put the calculator in server mode and from my PC do

  SEND <file>

and it transfers right over.

Under Linux I do the exact same thing except I specify /dev/ttyS0
instead of COM1 for the first serial port. When I try to transfer a
file it goes to the transfer screen and the errors counter just slowly
accumulates. The HP calc indicates that there is serial activity; they
just don't get the connection right I guess.

Again, this all works perfectly under DOS. My /etc/serial.conf looks
like:

----------------------------
###AUTOSAVE###
/dev/ttyS0 uart 16550A port 0x03f8 irq 4 baud_base 9600 spd_normal skip_test
/dev/ttyS1 uart 16550A port 0x02f8 irq 3 spd_normal skip_test

Is there some magic I can work with stty and setserial to get ttyS0 as
close to the way it is under DOS as possible, or do any of you serial
gurus have any connection debug tips or know anything I could try?

Thanks very much in advance for any help; I worked on this all day
yesterday and all this morning and haven't made progress and am very
frustrated....

Christopher