Re: need XF86Config for ThinkPad 560

Hi,

Thanks for sending my the config. It worked after I went into XF86Config and set the default color depth to 8 bpp. I am getting a small amount of flicker,
but I don't know how to fix that.  I had not seen any flicker before I
reinstalled Linux on this machine.  I will make sure I copy the config to a
disk this time :)

I forget which 560 hardware configuration you have.  I have the
P100 dual scan and the trident 9832 chipset.  I thought that
config file had 8bpp as the default.  I'm surprised that it did
not work as is.  I recently sent this to someone else, and it
worked for their machine, which must have been the same as mine.

If you come up with a better modeline or entire file, please let me
know.  With the modeline I had in that file, the screen is dimmer
than it should be, but I get no flicker.  With the other modeline
the screen is bright, even fvwm2 works, but I get flicker.  Again
I am not sure if we have the same hardware configuration though.
I can't risk damaging my HW by further experimental tweaking.  I
run with the file I sent you, and run wmaker and enlightenment with
no problems.  It's just fvwm2 that starts leaving pixels and blocks
behind after a few window drags.  Never figured out why.

John Miskinis