Re: problems w/Recent Upgrade to October GNOME

I believe icewm-gnome "knows" when it's running under gnome session
management and automatically hides the taskbar.  It's assumed that you'd
be using "panel".  You can disable this behaviour in
~/.icewm/preferences but when I did so, the side effects were
undesirable.  Personally, when I use IceWM under gnome, I use two panel
instaces.  One is a bottome panel with launchers, applets, monitors,
etc. and the other is a corner panel that simply has the pager in it
(set to autohide).  The set-up works pretty well.
| Eric G. Miller                        egm2@jps.net |
| GnuPG public key: http://www.jps.net/egm2/gpg.asc  |