Re: problems w/Recent Upgrade to October GNOME

"Eric G . Miller" wrote:

> I believe icewm-gnome "knows" when it's running under gnome session
> management and automatically hides the taskbar.  It's assumed that you'd
> be using "panel".  You can disable this behaviour in
> ~/.icewm/preferences but when I did so, the side effects were
> undesirable.  Personally, when I use IceWM under gnome, I use two panel
> instaces.  One is a bottome panel with launchers, applets, monitors,
> etc. and the other is a corner panel that simply has the pager in it
> (set to autohide).  The set-up works pretty well.
 The pager was what I needed. This takes care of the taskbar issue.
Thanks!! Hope the mouse business is this easy.
--
AdVance-Computing Systems

We sell fine quality servers and workstations.
We specialize in multiprocessor units.
We install Debian Linux at no extra charge!

John Foster
jfoster@augustmail.com
ICQ# 19460173