Re: gnome-session

On Sat, Jan 01, 2000 at 11:56:32AM -0500, Rick Knebel wrote:
> Hi,
> Well I figured out nhow to start gnome session.
> It brings up enlightenment and gnome.
> The problem is everything is sooooo slow.
>
> Has anyone else seen this problem.

Check the Enlightentment FAQs on the subject. It's a known thing.  I've
found E doesn't play as well with gnome as it used to.  E would rather
do the session management itself.  I personally think IceWM or Sawmill
play better with gnome-session.  I wish flwm played with gnome better
because it's very fast and lightweight -- and has those funky sideways
titlebars!
| Eric G. Miller                        egm2@jps.net |
| GnuPG public key: http://www.jps.net/egm2/gpg.asc  |