Re: (Parallel) Iomega Zip and a Printer

On Mon, 2 Aug 1999, Anthony Campbell wrote:

A:
> One way is to use modules, which I think most people do.

Is there any doc available how to compile the kernel using just those
modules (printer and zip-drive) so that it works effectively? (In the
installation manual there is a long talk about that matter *why* compiling
the kernel is done how it is done in Debian, but very little about that
matter *how to do* it... :-))

B:
> However,
> I don't use them myself; if you have the latest kernel (2.2.x
> series) you can have both your zip drive and your printer working
> simultaneously, without modules and without any problems.

1)
Did you install the latest kernel with slink?
Any problems with it?

2)
Does the Zip drive  work then that way that the printer is attached to the
zip-drive?

3)
What about then if I take the zip-drive off sometimes and attach printer
directly to the parallel port?

(In my case the zip drive isn't there
always. I'm using it in two machines.)

-