Re: (Parallel) Iomega Zip and a Printer

On 02 Aug 1999, virtanen wrote:

[description of problem snipped]

> I wanted to be able sometimes use the zip drive and sometimes
> to use the printer. Do I have to install the system newly without the
> zip-driver or is there some better solution available?
>
> -hv

One way is to use modules, which I think most people do. However,
I don't use them myself; if you have the latest kernel (2.2.x
series) you can have both your zip drive and your printer working
simultaneously, without modules and without any problems.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - running Linux Debian 2.1 (Windows-free zone)
Book Reviews: http://www.achc.demon.co.uk/bookreviews/

"The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on..."   - Edward Fitzgerald (Rubaiat of Omar Khayyam)