Pine & IMAP over network?

I think I missed something here...

I was under the impression that PINE would connect to a remote machine via
IMAP and retrieve mail messages, however I can't find anything resembling
that in the docs or in the Setup section of the program itself.

I currently have PINE working on the machine where the mail ultimately
ends up, and in conjunction with procmail, this is a nice convienient way
to get the mail sorted into folders and whatnot.

My question is, is there a way to configure PINE on another machine to
connect via IMAP and be able to view/respond to mail in folders via IMAP
on another machine?