Re: Which package should be fixed (Mosaic or bug or am I wrong) ?

*- On  2 Aug, shaul wrote about "Which package should be fixed (Mosaic or bug or am I wrong) ?"
> [06:18:44 shaul]$ dpkg -s Mosaic
> Package: Mosaic
>  NCSA Mosaic is an Internet information browser and
>  World Wide Web client
>  .
>  THIS IS A BETA VERSION.

Where did you get this package from?  On the debian mirrors it appears
to be listed in lowercase and is also in lower case in the Packages
files.  Policy section 2.3.1 says that all package names must be lower
case. It looks like the control file for the mosaic package is
incorrect.

> [06:18:54 shaul]$ bug -d mosaic
> Package mosaic doesn't seem to exist!
> Submit bug anyway? [y|N]
> Bug report not sent
> [06:19:23 shaul]$ bug -d Mosaic
> /usr/bin/bug: Packages names are formed with lower case letters.
> [06:19:55 shaul]$

bug is correct and is blindly enforcing policy without checking to see
if such a package exists. You can manually submit a bug to
submit@bugs.debian.org, or contact the maintainer directly, see
http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting for the correct syntax.

--
Brian