.Xauthority

Hello Remco,
	I am Balu, I am working as a Software Engineer in Digital Equibment
India Ltd, Bangalore. I need some calrifications regarding .Xauthority.
	I have changed my hostname to more than 31 characters, but the uname
limitation is 32 character only. I changed the hostname in
/etc/rc.config and /etc/hosts files. After this I have rebooted my
machine and typed the users name and password in the dtlogin. It starts
the dtlogin and terminate the dtsession and dthello, so it comes back to
the dtlogin screen again. When I checked the startlog and errorlog
files, in startlog I found the following message

Xlib: Invalid XDM-AUTHORIZATION-1 key (failed key comparison)
/usr/dt/bin/dtsession: can't open display.

and in errorlog file

dtsession: Invalid display name - exiting.

	When the hostname < 31 characters (ie, with in the uname limitations)
there was no problem. I would like to to know how the authorizations
fails, is there any limitations on XDM-AUTHORIZATION??
Could you please give your suggestion and feedback regarding this.

Thanks in advance
Balu S