Re: (Parallel) Iomega Zip and a Printer

Hi!

No, this is Linux, you don't have to reinstall :-) Well, I have just
recently switched to Debian and haven't yet set up all my hardware to
work with it (including printer) - SUSE was much friendlier in this
respect. My solution for switching from parallel zip drive to printer
under SUSE (no reason why it shouldn't work with Debian) was to unload
the zip driver and load the drivers necessary for printing:

rmmod ppa (need unmount zip drive first)
insmod parport
insmod parport_pc
insmod lp

There should be more elegant ways, though ...

Gerhard