Re: How to access different trays of a printer

*- On  2 Aug, Andreas Tille wrote about "How to access different trays of a printer"
> Hello,
>
> I'm using magicfilter from potato.  The target printer is a
> compaq Pagemarq 20.  This printer has three different trays
> (loaded with two different kinds of A4 paper and the third with
> A3.  There is no special driver contained in magicfilter
> (ghostscript).  So I'm using hplj4m as postscript printer.
>
> Now I wonder how I could use the different trays.

Usually these types of things are controlled by some esc or control
sequence being sent to the printer just before the job.  Check you user
manual or look on the printers web page for the specific sequences.
Then you will have to add the sequence to the start of the data stream
that is sent from your print filter.  Something like the following,

echo <some esc/cntrl sequence>
ghostscript <options>

--
Brian