Re: Problem Installing X

aphro wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Dec 1999 DRBLONUK@aol.com wrote:
>
> DRBLON >I have installed Slink in a 2 Meg partition on my hard drive with a 128 Meg
> DRBLON >swap partition and have some of the simpler programs running.
>
> 2Meg partition! damn! thats tiny..you sure you got a full install ? :)
>
> DRBLON >I have been using the XF86Setup program and it picks up the mouse and
> DRBLON >keyboard fine but my screen adapter is not listed. My display adapter is a
> DRBLON >Videol Logic GrafixStar 650 with 8Mbytes of RAM and it installed on an AGP
> DRBLON >port on the motherboard. Support for Videologic Grafixstar
> DRBLON >100,200,300,400,500,600&700 is explicitly listed but not my card!
>
> by the looks of the XF86 3.3.5 compadiblity list that card is still not
> supported even in that(the latest) release, 3.3.6 should be out soon but i
> wouldnt get my hopes up.  It does not appear to be supported in Metro X
> either(www.metrolink.com) nor AcceleratedX (www.xinside.com) unless its
> using a chipset that is not a video logic brand. looks like you best get a
> new card.

Wow, a hasty recommendation !

A visit to the Videologic website helps  :-)  - it uses the 3dLabs
Permedia -2 chipset.
This chipset is purportedly supported by XFree86, 3.3.5

See my other post and suggestions.

Cheers,

--

Howard Mann                   Online Troubleshooting Resources: HOWTO
http://www.newbielinux.com    http://www.xmission.com/~howardm/t1.html