Re: Problem Installing X

On Thu, 30 Dec 1999 DRBLONUK@aol.com wrote:

DRBLON >I have installed Slink in a 2 Meg partition on my hard drive with a 128 Meg
DRBLON >swap partition and have some of the simpler programs running.

2Meg partition! damn! thats tiny..you sure you got a full install ? :)

DRBLON >I have been using the XF86Setup program and it picks up the mouse and
DRBLON >keyboard fine but my screen adapter is not listed. My display adapter is a
DRBLON >Videol Logic GrafixStar 650 with 8Mbytes of RAM and it installed on an AGP
DRBLON >port on the motherboard. Support for Videologic Grafixstar
DRBLON >100,200,300,400,500,600&700 is explicitly listed but not my card!

by the looks of the XF86 3.3.5 compadiblity list that card is still not
supported even in that(the latest) release, 3.3.6 should be out soon but i
wouldnt get my hopes up.  It does not appear to be supported in Metro X
either(www.metrolink.com) nor AcceleratedX (www.xinside.com) unless its
using a chipset that is not a video logic brand. looks like you best get a
new card.

nate