Re: Problem Installing X

i did have there

'unless it's using a chipset that is not a video logic brand, looks like
you best get a new card'

note the 'unless' in there :)  i was looking for video logic
chipsets..

nate

On Thu, 30 Dec 1999, Howard Mann wrote:

howard >> by the looks of the XF86 3.3.5 compadiblity list that card is still not
howard >> supported even in that(the latest) release, 3.3.6 should be out soon but i
howard >> wouldnt get my hopes up.  It does not appear to be supported in Metro X
howard >> either(www.metrolink.com) nor AcceleratedX (www.xinside.com) unless its
howard >> using a chipset that is not a video logic brand. looks like you best get a
howard >> new card.
howard >
howard >Wow, a hasty recommendation !
howard >
howard >
howard >A visit to the Videologic website helps  :-)  - it uses the 3dLabs
howard >Permedia -2 chipset.
howard >This chipset is purportedly supported by XFree86, 3.3.5
howard >
howard >See my other post and suggestions.
howard >
howard >
howard >Cheers,
howard >
howard >--
howard >
howard >Howard Mann                   Online Troubleshooting Resources: HOWTO
howard >http://www.newbielinux.com    http://www.xmission.com/~howardm/t1.html
howard >
howard >
howard >--