Re: NFS mounts fail silently

On Thu, 30 Dec 1999, Alisdair McDiarmid wrote:

alisda >I've no idea what I'm doing wrong here. The HOWTO doesn't help for
alisda >this case. Should I be using the kernel nfsd instead? Is there a
alisda >Debian package for knfsd, and is it easy to install?

make sure the user mounting the NFS share has read access to the files on
the server itself, if its root that is mounting it you may want tot ry the
no_root_squash option

nate