Re: Moving from RedHat to Debian

> I've been using RedHat for about eight months, but I'd like to switch
> to Debian.  Is there any easy way to do this, or is it going to be a
> painful transition?  Also, what's the best way to go about installing
> Debian?  I have a fast connection, so I'm wondering if an ftp install
> is the way to go?  Any suggestions?

With a fast connection I would use the apt method.
You might want to start with the docs at http://www.debian.org/~aph/boot-floppi
es/2.1.12-19991209 and probably continue with the other stuff on that dir, but
keep in mind that the boot team is still working on this stuff. Alternatively,
you can follow the docs for the stable release, which is pointed to on
www.debian.org.