Re: Moving from RedHat to Debian

On Sat, Dec 25, 1999 at 02:47:55PM -0700, linuxdevil@fastq.com wrote:

> I've been using RedHat for about eight months, but I'd like to switch
> to Debian.  Is there any easy way to do this, or is it going to be a
> painful transition?  Also, what's the best way to go about installing
> Debian?  I have a fast connection, so I'm wondering if an ftp install
> is the way to go?  Any suggestions?

If you're really feeling adventurous, I seem to remember a post to
this list from sometime last spring from a guy who made that switch
... without rebooting.  It might be unnecessarily difficult to try,
but it would make you much cooler than all of your friends ...

Rob

--
Watch your mouth, kid, or you'll find yourself floating home.
		-- Han Solo