Re: Monochrome XFIG

Riku Saikkonen wrote:

> Hmm... Does the "xlogo" program show the X Window System logo in color
> or monochrome? (The colors in the logo should be white and red.) It
> uses the application default files XLogo and XLogo-color in the same
> way as XFig.

The Xlogo shows up in monochrome :(

> You could try running XFig with "xfig -xrm '*customization: -color'",
> just in case that helps. If it does, there is some sort of problem in
> your X startup scripts - either /etc/X11/Xresources/xfree86-common is
> not loaded, the X server does not define COLOR for some reason, or
> there is another *customization resource set somewhere.

Yes, running xfig like this brings back the colors!

> As a somewhat more "brute force" approach, you could also try creating
> a file /tmp/Fig containing everything in
> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults/Fig _and_
> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults/Fig-color, except for the "#include
> "Fig"" line. Then try running XFig with the environment variable
> XAPPLRESDIR set to /tmp/, that is, "XAPPLRESDIR=/tmp/ xfig" if you use
> bash.

Yes, this also works; I get a color xfig.

> Which version of the Athena widget set (Xaw) do you use? (To find this
> out, see which Xaw-related directory is listed first in
> /etc/ld.so.conf. For me, it's /usr/X11R6/lib/Xaw3d, since I use
> xaw3d.) I think they all support color settings, but I'm not sure.

It's the same thing for me.

> That's all I can think of for now. For what it's worth, XFig has
> always worked in color for me, with most buttons being yellow, and so
> on, without doing anything special...

So, who is supposed to load /etc/X11/Xresources/xfree86-common? and,
how come the X server does not define COLOR? Shall I reinstall X from
scratch?

Thank you for your help,

--
Pedro