Re: Troubles with moving /var

i moved /var /home /usr with the command cp -a which preserves everything,
i did it on 2 main servers and have nbot had a single problem so i bet its
a safe way of doing it(the servers have been online since april)

cp -a doesn't work on more obscure platforms like irix..there is a tar
command..that acts like cp -a i saw it posted in a magazine(Maximum
Linux) but i forgot what it was, if its linux its safe to use cp -a

nate