Re: Monochrome XFIG

"Pedro Sanchez" <psanchez@nortelnetworks.com> writes:
>Why is xfig monochrome-only for menus? I can add colors to my drawings

You should have, among others, the following lines in the file
/etc/X11/Xresources/xfree86-common (or /etc/X11/Xresources on an older
system):
! load color-specific resources for clients that have them
#ifdef COLOR
*customization: -color
#endif

This resource causes XFig to look for its resource settings from
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults/Fig-color instead of
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults/Fig. You should have both of those
files, and Fig-color should have "#include "Fig"" at the start.

Also, to get X to load these settings, you should _not_ have a
.xinitrc file in your home directory. Place your customisation in
~/.xsession instead.

(If you really need to use ~/.xinitrc for some reason, you should
either execute /etc/X11/Xsession from it, or at least execute the
parts of that file that have to do with $sysresources.)

Hope this helps...

--
-=- Rjs -=- rjs@lloke.dna.fi