Re: Slink - Xfree86

John Hong wrote:

>         Have just installed Debian 2.1 (slink).  After configuring
> Xfree86, upon reboot, it throws me into X-Windows just to login.  Ick.
> What file do I edit in order to bring me back to the console login?

You could remove the "xdm" entirely or, because you might want to use it
later, prevent this service from starting on boot using "update-rc.d" as
follows :

update-rc.d -f xdm remove

When you reboot, you will end up at the command prompt.

You could start it again with :

update-rc.d xdm defaults

The man page for update-rc.d is great.

Cheers,

--

Howard Mann                           Online Troubleshooting Resources:
HOWTO