Re: HP Deskjet 880C

I am attaching next an old message that will help you:
***********

Hi,

Checking your printcap-file is the first thing.
For HP540 you should install the gs-alladin package and get the tar from
ftp://ftp.sbs.de/pub/graphics/ghostscript/pcl3 named hpdj-xxx-tar.gz. In there is a
good
filter file, which brings best results with Hp-printers (didnt have a better output
since
then).
I installed it myself this week, because I had problems with my HP600.

Now, that the way, your /etc/printcap-file should be:
lp|dj540|dj540:\
        :lp=/dev/lp0:sd=/var/spool/lpd/dj540:\
        :sh:pw#80:pl#72:px#1440:mx#0:\
        :if=/etc/printfilter/if-hpdj-dj540:\
        :af=/var/log/lp-acct:lf=/var/log/lp-errs:

The file /etc/printfilter/if-hpdj-dj540 is actually the filter-file I got out of the
hpdj-xxx-tar.gz
package (just moved and renamed it).
With this, qou can setup a printer for draft, normal and presentation quality, just by

changing the defaults in the filter file (the easiest way).

Regards,
KD