Two hard discs

Hello,

I am at present using the Microsoft Windows 98 OS.  I have two hard
discs. If I transfer everything to one hard disc and then format the
"empty" disc, can I install the Debian System: i386 to this formatted
hard disc without causing any problems to the Windows 98 OS?  In other
words can I use both systems on the computer?  Having read through much
of the material you have presented on you web site,  I see that you
caution anyone from installing your OS proceeding very  system without
making backups or without proceeding very delicately.  You say I could
lose everything on my hard disc.  But that is may question.  What if I
put your system on the formatted hard disc.  Will that cause problems
anyway?  I also have direct access to the internet via a cable company
and am using Netscape Communicator and Microsoft Explorer 5.0.  Am I
overloading myself? The reason I am asking these questions is that I
really like what I have read about the Debian System, but do not want to
crash.  I have already lost everything once and would not like to repeat
that fiasco.  Your help would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Robert Thrall