Re: Two hard discs

 Hi Robert:
Yes you can use more than one os on a computer. The reason
for the warnings is to give you a chance to return your
present system in case of trouble. The warning is com-
parable to the warning you get when you need to go into
the registry to fix or tweak windows, the advice to back
up the registry is always given.  When you install debian
on the empty disc, you will need to reformat  the
hard drive as per instructions, the worse case scenario
is if you format the wrong drive :).
 As to  overloading your system, since you are installing
a new os only one system will be operating at a time.
So you will either run windows or debian. Since your
computer can handle windows, it should also handle
debian.
 Dean